It’s official. New York/New Jersey will host the February 2014 Super Bowl in the new Meadowlands outdoor arena. Yes, it’s the first time a Super Bowl will be hosted in an outdoor stadium in the middle of winter but we New York and New Jersey people are a hardy bunch. Actually, we’re delirious about hosting the Super Bowl. We’ll be there, whether or not our beloved Giants and/or Jets are playing.
(Image courtesy NY Daily News)
Given the stadium cost a sweet 1.6 billion, I think more than a few of us might want to see where our money went. Yeah, I know it was mostly privately financed but enough of the cost came out of our pockets. I’m just sayin’.
It’d be nice to imagine the 2013-29014 season will prove to be unusually temperate, thanks to global warming. Of course as those very few who understand the concept realize, “global warming” doesn’t mean that each year the winters are necessarily warmer, although the average temperature is rising a few degrees each year. No, global warming simply means that whatever you’ve grown accustomed to in terms of weather, fuggettabout it!
Like I said, we New Yorkers will be there come hell or high water–or several other possible weather scenarios–but for the other folks we might have to let into our stadium, here are some suggestions:
· Snow: Stay warm with a smart Giants parka
· Rain: Don’t forget your Jets umbrella
Ice: Have your ice scraper ready
- Hale: You’ll feel like a real New York construction Yorker in these smart hats
- High winds: smart winter fans use bungee cords to stay in place: available in your team’s colors
- Tornadoes: this will involve a little setup, so leave yourself plenty of time before the game
- Hurricanes: bring your own shutters to the game and hang on! (sorry, ours blew away)
- Earthquakes: these are notoriously hard to predict in advance but if you have Super Bowl tickets, you probably have lots of connections. Rent a blimp and get a bird’s eye view of the action
- Volcanic ash: breath easy with a simple face mask; available in Giants blue and Jets green. Also available with oxygen hookup
- Locusts: It’s an off year. You’ll be fine
We hope these tips will help would be travels to the greatest stadium just outside the greatest city in the world in 2014. But know this: no matter what the weather, we’ll be there. You know what I’m talking about.
Product information /image credits below
http://www.footballfanatics.com/NFL_New_York_Jets_Gameday_And_Tailgate_Rainwear http://www.products.sellstrom.comhttp://www.phoenixrope.com/elastic.html www.ingroundtornadoshelter.com/features.htmlhttp://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rollingshuttershouston.com/images/hurricane.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rollingshuttershouston.com/Service.html&usg=__qz3w2CCfwVKA5D-1xI27JZ4S0PI=&h=267&w=400&sz=23&hl=en&start=13&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=DdmKFGkEPKTTbM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhurricane%2Bprotection%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENUS358%26tbs%3Disch:1http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/05/sports/05stadium.1.600.jpg&imgrefurl=http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D137381&usg=__GSB30oMCkbfybgwCI6Or2lcLkGQ=&h=369&w=600&sz=163&hl=en&start=4&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=cemSWIvZaQwAZM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmeadowlands%2Bstadium%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENUS358%26tbs%3Disch:1